Here are 3 easy raw mango recipes without cooking the mangoes, and the mango peel is used, making it healthy and tasty.
Raw mango is a food rich in antioxidants and is a miracle food that kills cancer cells and a food to prevent cancer spreading. Use of raw mango for diabetes is another health benefit.
The general tendency is to discard the peel, but research clearly shows that the active ingredient, Mangiferin, is much higher in the peel compared to the pulp. (See links to research papers given at the end). All these recipes are healthy but tasty also.
Quick Recipe #1: Raw Mango Rice
Mango rice is a quick vegetarian lunch box recipe. The only cooking involved is for the rice and seasoning only.
Ingredients are as follows:
1. Cooked Rice – 3 Cups (Unpolished Rice is healthier)
2. Raw Mango (Grated) – 3 Cups
3. Salt (To taste)
4. Raw Cane Sugar (or Jaggery) – Optional
1. Oil – 3 Tbsp
2. Mustard – 1 Tbsp
3. Urad Dal – 1 Tbsp
4. Chana Dal – 1 Tbsp
5. Groundnuts – 2 Tbsp
6. Red Chilli – 2 Nos
7. Curry leaves
Quick Recipe #2: Raw Mango Raita
Mango Raita is a good side dish to go with the Mango Rice
Ingredients are as follows:
1. Raw Mango (Grated) – 1 Cup
2. Carrot (Grated) – 1 Cup
3. Moong Sprouts – 1 Cup (Optional)
4. Coriander leaves (Chopped)
5. Green Chilli (Chopped)
6. Salt (To taste)
7. Curd – 1 Cup (or as desired)
8. You can add any other vegetables like cucumber , beetroot, etc.
Quick Recipe #3: Aam Panna Concentrate
Aam Panna is one of the home remedies for heat stroke.
Aam Panna Ingredients are as follows:
1. Raw Mango (Grated) – 3 Cups
2. Raw cane sugar/ Jaggery – 3 Cups
3. Roasted Jeera Powder – 1/2 to 2 Tbsp
4. Dry Ginger Powder – 1/2 to 2 Tbsp
5. Salt (To taste)
6. Warm water – for grinding
1. Antioxidant and antiproliferative activities of mango (Mangifera indica L.) flesh and peel
2. Valuable components of raw and ripe peels from two Indian mango varieties
3. Multifaceted Health Benefits of Mangifera indica L. (Mango): The Inestimable Value of Orchards Recently Planted in Sicilian Rural Areas
4. Bioactive compounds and antioxidant potential of mango peel extract
5. Effect of mangiferin on hyperglycemia and atherogenicity in STZ diabetic rats
I would recommend that you should consider use of organic ingredients from the point of view of health and well-being of yourself and your family. It also makes it safe to use the peels.
If you choose to use organic ingredients, you could consider sourcing it from Bio Basics at the link given below:
Watch out for an exciting new video release every Saturday at 8:00AM
Munch & Mull is a platform to share various aspects of our food, health & environment through the medium of vegetarian recipes. So our focus is “The Mull Point”. Check us out here…
Have you subscribed to Munch & Mull? If not, click the link below:
Do write back to me with your suggestions for improvement of this channel and any questions or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org