It’s that time of year again! We are bringing you 3 easy bento box lunch ideas that are great for back to school + work, too!
– OPEN FOR MORE + THE RECIPES –
⋇ Check out Nikki’s video + show her some love: https://youtu.be/qakQegvvRDM
⋇ The Vegan View: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA6KD0ZPpOvrJgKKvECsQ7g
⋇ Our Vegan View Episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYaGqQFmjBE
⋇ Stainless Steel Containers: https://amzn.to/2PPl3bC
⋇ Spanish Rice Recipe: http://bit.ly/SSV-Easy-Spanish-Rice
⋇ Instant Pot Beans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPVReixYNec
⋇ Vegan Chicken Broth: https://amzn.to/2MWIPjT
⋇ Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta: http://bit.ly/SSV-Sun-Dried-Tomato-Pesto-Pasta
⋇ Kombu: https://amzn.to/34oUops
⋇ Vegan Furikake: https://amzn.to/2MWJaD5
⋇ Sushi Rice for Sandwiches:
(After editing we realized that we forgot an additional layer of rice on our sushi sandwiches! So before wrapping it up, you can add a second layer of rice on top of all of the fillings. This will kind of seal everything in and it will look nicer once cut!)
2 cups sushi or short grain rice
2 cups water, plus extra for rinsing rice
2-inch piece kombu (optional but highly recommended)
1/4 cups rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
1. Add the uncooked rice to a large bowl. Wash the rice in the bowl using cold water until water is almost clear, changing the water about 6–8 times in total. Be sure to drain thoroughly.
2. Fill the bowl up with clean cold water and allow the rice to soak for 30 minutes. Drain rice in a fine-mesh sieve.
3. In a medium pot over medium heat, add in the rice, 2 cups of water and the kombu. Cover the pot and allow the mixture to come to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cook until all of the liquid has been absorbed, about 16-20 minutes.
4. In a small pot over medium-high heat, combine the vinegar, sugar, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil and whisk until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
5. Wet the inside of a large bowl and then transfer the cooked rice into the bowl. Evenly pour the hot vinegar mixture over the rice and then mix everything together until uniform.
Cover the bowl with a clean and damp kitchen towel until ready to use.
Hi, we’re Jasmine and Chris! Each week we share a new video with vegan recipes, cooking challenges and lifestyle content about our life as a vegan couple in the PNW. We invite you to join us in making the world a sweeter place!
– ABOUT OUR VIDEOS –
⋇ Cameras and products we use: https://www.amazon.com/shop/sweetsimplevegan
⋇ Music: DJ Grumble https://soundcloud.com/gbeats and The Muse Maker https://soundcloud.com/themusemaker
⋇ Endslate photos: https://www.instagram.com/chasingcheech/
This video is not sponsored and all opinions are our own. This video may also contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!